Painting a wrought metal railing rejuvenates the color and protects the metal. The process for painting a wrought metal railing is as follows:
Color/Sheen & Product Selection
- The traditional wrought metal railing color is black, but other colors are available.
- Wrought iron is typically painted in either semi-gloss or gloss sheen.
- NBM Painting prefers acrylic enamels for use on wrought iron, as Alkyd (oil-based) enamels do not hold up as long under exposure to the sun. Newer generations of “combination” oil-based enamels have come on the market and are promising significant improvements over Acrylic or “old style” Alkyds. For customers who prefer a gloss sheen, we have begun using Urethane Alkyds.
- The paints used are “direct to metal” products that do not require primer unless needed for rust mitigation ).
- Powerwashing is usually not needed unless there is a heavy accumulation of mud or other debris adhering to the fence.
- Surfaces to be painted are wire-brushed to remove loose material, then lightly sanded to remove surface oxidation and to “create a profile” for improved adhesion of the topcoat.
- Minor rust is spot-primed using a rust-inhibiting primer.
- More severe rust may require pre-treatment with the phosphoric acid based “rust converters” and/or a full coat of rust inhibiting primer.
- Paint is applied to wrought iron fences via brush, mini-roller, or “paint glove” techniques.
As a full-service painting company, NBM Construction is pleased to offer professional color consultations. Our experienced consultants and designers can help you craft the perfect color palette, whether it is a single room, your whole house, or your offices. This valuable service ensures that your new painting project achieves the look and feel that reflect your style and taste.
Call (916) 312-4090 or request a quote today
Thank you so much for the incredible kitchen. Your work is really outstanding and beyond what I imagined. I am very happy. I just used my garbage disposal and I couldn’t even tell if it was on! LOL! And it didn’t throw food up on the other side of the sink like my old one. I can’t stop staring at my kitchen. J And Chance seems to like to open the cabinet doors now that they have hardware on them. LOL! Thanks again for your patience, time and excellent skills.
Thanks so much for everything. It was so great to work with so many talented and professional people. We are so excited to move in. The ceiling in the dining is truly beautiful and turned out to be just as I had envisioned it. It brought tears of joy when I saw it completed. Nick is an exceptionally professional. So is John, I love all of the colors we chose together. I'm very proud to tell them it is a very low voc green paint. It will be fine for John to take some pictures of the house. Just let us know. Thank you Nick for all your help with this project. It turned out beautifully.
I used NBM Painting. They are painting the trim on the outside of the house and some deck railings. I like their responsiveness. They came the next morning after I spoke to him. He was great in explaining about the scope of the work. He gave me his opinion on how to best solve few problems that was there.
NBM Painting Team did the interior painting of my 3000 sqft home. Nick provided a same day quote that was very reasonable. The service, quality of work, punctuality, and timeliness were all excellent. I will work with them again when I’m ready to paint the exterior of my home.
Guys did exterior house painting on my house. Paint job was exceptional. Included main two-story residence, detached garage, side picket fence, and rear yard retaining wall. I was very satisfied with their work and focus to detail. Did great job... Required sanding and smoothing, due to warping from years of wear from outside exposure. Nick is a true gentlemen. Every request I made for extra attention to project was met with complete compliance. I wouldn’t hesitate to using NBM Painting Inc. again.